Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm not sure who has or hasn't heard yet but my baby was born!!!!
Alana Amber Chung.
July 15, 2006 at 5:55 a.m. She was 6lbs 4oz. 19inches.
After a painful, but luckily short, labor, I had her pushed out in about 3 pushes! O.O don't ask how that happened but I'm very lucky cause it was so painful.
I actually just went to the doctors on Friday for a regular checkup and my doctor got worried and sent me over to the hospital telling me that they will probably induce me at this point. Now I was still 2 weeks early but they were worried that I had the pre eclampsia. If I was allowed to go to my due date it would put my life on risk because I could have seizures and then it would put my baby's life at risk so they decided that I probably did have it and they weren't taking the risk even if I didn't and luckily I was already 2 cm dilated and so even though there was a chance of a c-section with induction they started the process. I guess I took very well to the drugs because the only one they gave me wasn't even really supposed to start labor! We planned to start the induction in the morning when the doctor got there.
I'm not sure when labor started for me but it was early morning and it was painful. My back was completely killing me. I can't even try to describe the type of pain I was in. I hardly even remember, I was hurting so much. When the pains started to get even worse I started asking the nurse for some sort of pain relief even though I had wanted to avoid it. The pain got unbearable and truthfully, I didn't even know this was intense labor before the baby was born...I thought I was constipated (which is apparently what it feels like when her head is trying to push out) the nurse was surprised when she checked me and I was fully 10 cm dilated because not that long ago I was still just 2 cms! She had to hurry and call the doctor. Jimmy woke up at 5:30 to me yelling in pain and he called my mom to get her down there. My mom got there at 5:40. The doctor at 5:45. And after setting everything up quickly, she was born at 5:55.

And you want to know the strangest part? I still want one or two more children someday! Once the pain is over and you see your child, you really forget about what you just went through and it is truly all worth it. She's absolutely amazing. Sure I get frustrated, I have crazy levels of hormones causing mood swings and I'm still kinda hurting and recovering, but that is alright. I think I'm doing good!

Here are a few pictures! I will have a LOT MORE later!!


title or description

Here is a very proud (and obviously SLEEPY) proud papa!!!

title or description

She gets sooo hungry! Such a tiny little girl!

0 comments:

Beautiful Girls

Beautiful Girls