Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to the Start.

I was just thinking that I should probably post some more details on my life!

Back in 2005 I got pregnant for the first time. I was 18 years old and felt so ready to take on the world. My then boyfriend, Jimmy, and I were going to celebrate our first anniversary together on October 25th. We had planned to go to the same restaurant that we had our first date at. It was a very nice dress up type restaurant. Japanese cuisine. He had planned on proposing to me here, however it didn't quite go as he had planned.

A few days before our anniversary we had both gone out to get our gifts. I kinda knew the engagement ring was coming and so I headed to the mall for Jimmy's gifts...one being an engagement ring of his own. It was a gorgeous (in a manly way, of course) gold band that cost me over $100 (a big deal to me at the time). I also got him a sword. Sure it sounds random, but he's always liked those swords you see in those Asian stores in the malls. It was a good gift for him.

I don't think I've mentioned at this point that I hate to wait for things. Waiting is one of my pet peeves. It seems that every year for Christmas or birthdays I give Jimmy his present before the actual day and talk him into giving me my presents early. This is exactly what happened. The day I got him his present I wanted to give it to him. I was still nervous that maybe he wouldn't propose and I also didn't want to take away his moment by proposing first. So what I did was tell him I wanted to give him his presents so we should just exchange that night. We'd take turns and I'd go first. Of course I gave him the sword first. He loved it. He then went into the nightstand and pulled out a box and proceeded to propose. The ring was beautiful. After I calmed down I went and got his ring. I explained how I didn't think it was fair that only a woman got a ring to show off the engagement. Needless to say, he was happy. It has been so long that I don't remember every detail, but I'm sure we had a happy ending to our anniversary because my first daughter, Alana Amber, was conceived around that time.

Alright...I'll continue on with my story next time. I'll leave you all with some pictures.


Photobucket

the ring


Photobucket

June 2005. My senior prom.


Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, Sarah! Of course I remember you and your beautiful Alana-- and Kylie is adorable, congratulations!
I'm so sorry that you've got PPD, that sucks to have to deal with. I do know, though, that antidepressants often take up to a month to take effect, so if you just started taking it recently, maybe it'll just take some more time for your body to start getting the effect of the medicine. I hope it does help soon...

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting, it's good to hear from you! I haven't been on the forum for sooo long!

Grace said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I do hope you keep this updated.... you have such a beautiful family!!

Beautiful Girls

Beautiful Girls